Wednesday, August 6, 2008

GOOD NEWS!

I'm running out of recent pics. so here are some older pics. of Josh & his family.

Here's an email I just got from Josh! We are all so excited for him! This is what we've been waiting for! Thank the Lord! Please let this be the treatment that does it and thankfully he won't have to travel too far!

My Tucson doctor called me yesterday. I told him about the problems I've had over the last 2 days and that I haven't had any output from my colostomy all day. He said that if I didn't have any output from my colostomy by morning that I needed to go up to Tucson (this morning I've had some output, so I'm not blocked). He told me that the results of the tests on my tumors were in and that they had the 2 receptors needed to qualify for the trial in Tucson. I told him that I had my appointment next week with the surgeon so depending on that, I could start the new trial as early as the following week (the 18th) if he won't operate, or after I recover if he will do the surgery. I have to be 28 days without other treatment to start the trial in Tucson, so the week after next will be past that point. So either way, I'm getting a new treatment to try until the other trial opens in San Antonio. I talked to the head nurse at the clinic in Santa Monica and she said I could stop my current treatment and try something else, then come back if the new treatment doesn't work as well. So I can always go back.

No comments: