Wednesday, August 29, 2007

August 29th, 2007

Here is a picture taken last October at Apple Annie's. Josh's family and mine spent the day there picking out our pumpkins for Halloween and eating lunch at the apple orchard.

Dad got to Kansas City yesterday and Josh arranged for him to stay at Hope House. It's a place where patients and their families can stay for free! Josh was admitted to the hospital today so they could get him hydrated and start "cleaning out" his bowels. The surgery is supposed to start around 7:30 a.m (Kansas time)/ 5:30a.m. (Arizona time). Josh told me yesterday that he thinks his Dr. will come out and update Dad, Rosie, and Shell when he takes breaks during the surgery. As soon as I hear anything, I will try to get it posted as soon as I can.

Please continue to pray for Josh, but also, please pray that God will guide the Dr.'s eyes and hands! I know it's going to be hard and that they most likely won't be able to get all of the !@#% (sorry- I just don't like using the "C" word!) out of him, but I'm praying that God will help them get every little bit out that they can! Please pray for our whole family as we sit anxiously praying and waiting for good news!

For everybody that wants to send cards, the address is below in the Aug. 27th post. The person that I talked to at the hospital said we have to put a room number on there. Even though it will probably change a couple of times she said if we at least have one of the room #'s on there, they will be able to find him. Right now he's in room #5116. After the surgery he will be in an ICU room and I will post that room # as soon as I get it. I'm going to go ahead and send at least one of my cards tomorrow with this room # on it.

Thank you to the people who have left comments:
Patty (Nathan's Mom)- Thank you for talking to Josh and sharing your stories with him! He told me about you and some of the things you told him. I think it made him feel better and a little more confident in going with this type of treatment! I will be praying for your son!
Tracy (Raymond's Mom)- Thank you for your comments and that website. I haven't done a lot of research on this because the stuff that I did read-I didn't like! All I know is that my brother is going to beat the odds that they give on those sites and I don't want to hear anymore of it! I did go to the website to see your son's page and the home page. It was WONDERFUL to read all the stories of the people who have been in remission and have beat this horrible thing! I like the way everyone on there is giving everyone the details on their treatments and what worked for them, and their Dr.'s contact info. I will be praying for your son also!

I would like to ask everyone that is praying for Josh to also add Nathan and Raymond to your prayers and ask your friends and family to do the same! We can never have enough people praying! WE ARE GOING TO GET THE MIRACLE WE ARE ASKING FOR! WE HAVE TO STAY POSITIVE AND BELIEVE THAT GOD WILL ANSWER THESE PRAYERS!

I hope Josh and Rosie don't mind the pictures I'm putting up, but I wanted everybody to see who they're praying for and these pictures at least brighten up such dreary information!

No comments: