Sunday, August 26, 2007

August 25th, 2007

Hi everyone! Josh flew to Kansas City, KS on Thursday and met with the Dr. yesterday. The surgery and the start of the Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy will be Thursday, Aug. 30th. I hope I have this right, but I think Mom said they were also going to be giving him some other type of IV chemo at the same time! He was originally told the surgery would be Mon. or Tues, but I guess the Dr.'s surgery schedule was full those 2 days. Rosie and her best friend are out there with him. As far as I know they will be staying until the beginning of Sept. Dad is home today and will leave tomorrow afternoon. He has a couple of loads to drop off and his final drop is about 200 miles away from where Josh is. After that drop he's going to take some time and go be with Josh. We're not exactly sure what's going to happen after that. The Dr. wasn't able to tell him exactly when he'd be ready to come home. The only thing he did tell him was that he couldn't fly until 3 weeks after the surgery. As of right now, Mom and Dad are talking about borrowing Grandma's van and driving out there to get him. The van's back seat can fold down into a bed so they think that would be the most comfortable thing for Josh for such a long drive!

Frank and Gilma (Rosie's parents). Mom, and I are taking care of the boys. Gilma is staying at Josh's house to take care of the boys, and when Frank leaves on TDY, Mom will also be staying there! They are trying to keep things as normal as possible for them. They set up a web cam the other night so Josh and Rosie could see them. Josh has also done some very special things for the boys to help put them to bed every night! He's such an amazing daddy!

Thank you again for all your continued prayers and kind words! We all really appreciate it and we know that God is taking care of everything! Please continue to pray for Josh, our family and the Dr.'s and nurses that will be taking care of him! Pray that God will guide the Dr. and will show him everywhere the tumors are so he can get them all out! It sounds like it's going to be about a 7hr. surgery.

I will let you know as soon as I find out anything else. I'm also going to try and get an address where we can send cards. As soon as I get that I will email that in case anybody would like it.

Love,
Julie

PS. I know some of you have asked me to add people to the email list. If you do not see the addresses above, please forward it on for me. Hotmail will only let me send one email to 50 people at a time. If you're getting this email twice I'm sorry. Mom has asked me to email each email I write to her so that she doesn't have to type up one for everyone on her list. Some of you are on both of the lists!

No comments: