Monday, August 27, 2007

August 27th, 2007

I talked to Josh today and got some more details. He will be admitted on Wed. morning to get IV fluids and for a bowel prep. (He has to have his bowels cleaned out before the surgery.) Then they will do the surgery first thing Thursday morning. I was wrong in the last posting- the surgery will probably take about 15hrs. and it's being done by a team of surgeons. The Dr. thinks that the cancer might be on his liver now, so they will most likely have to remove parts of his liver. He's also concerned that it could be in or on his bowels, so he may have to remove parts of that or "scoop" it out of there. The Dr. won't know any of this for sure until he gets in there and can see it better. Right now he can't even tell Josh how much of the tumors he's going to be able to remove. Josh said the Dr. told him that he would remove the peritoneum lining and the tumors that were stuck to that would come with it. They will start him on IV chemo and the Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy right after the surgery. He's guessing that he will be in the hospital for 2 weeks after the surgery and then he won't be able to fly home for another week after that. Josh thinks that Dad can just bring him home in the semi, but I think that would be too hard for him to get in and out of and I think it would be an awfully bumpy ride. He just said we'd figure it out when we got closer to the time.

I called and got the address for the hospital, but they said I have to have a room number to send it to. The address is :
University of Kansas Medical Center
3901 Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City, KS 66160
(913)588-5000
Even though his room numbers will change they said I have to have a room # to start with. On Wed. I will call again and see if the first room he's in before the surgery will work and then I will put it on the blog.

When I talked to him today he sounded good. He went to a chiropractor and sat in the hot tub at the hotel for awhile and that seemed to help the pain a little. He was able to eat a little more today, but he's still not eating or drinking enough and that's another reason they want to admit him on Wed.

Well that's all the info I have for today. When I get more I will post it!

PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR HIM, HIS DOCTORS, & OUR WHOLE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!

No comments: