Sunday, July 20, 2008

Below is what Josh posted on his 4 Wheeling site. He said I could cut and paste it to the blog, so here is the latest update. Please continue to pray for him and our family! Please pray for some pain relief for Josh and that God is leading him to the right trials/studies and Dr.'s .

I had my CT scan and met with the Tucson surgeon last week. The CT scan showed that the tumors are stable (even though it doesn't feel like it). The Tucson Surgeon will not operate because he doesn't feel like he has enough experience with this kind of cancer.

I finally made it out to Santa Monica on Thursday. My doctor there wanted to stop my current treatment (even though it's keeping the tumors stable) because he wants to see the tumors shrinking. He's worried about the distention in my abdomen. The new trial he wanted me to start in another IGF-1R inhibitor. This is the same kind of drug that I wanted to get started on when I first went to Santa Monica, just by a different drug manufacturer. There is another trial that is supposed to start in San Antonio around Aug/Sept. This trial includes the IGF-1R inhibitor and a second drug which is an mTOR inhibitor. If I start another IGF-1R or mTOR inhibitor in the mean time, it will exclude me from the upcoming trial. So I've decided to stay on the current drug until the new trial opens.

The doctor in NY called me while I was in Cali. yesterday. He won't operate either. He says the tumors are too extensive. I haven't been able to talk directly with him, so I'm going to try and get a hold of him on Monday to beg, but it doesn't look good. I have 2 other doctors I can try, but I think if the doctor in NY won't do it, then no one will. We'll see.

I'm got back from Cali. yesterday so now I'm just trying to recover from the treatment. Rosie bought me some compression stockings and that has gotten rid of the swelling in my legs, but I can get the swelling in my scrotum to go away. Talk about painful!

No comments: